Saturday, November 14, 2009

KCCX/Verge and Source Endurance Rock!


Thursday night was the KCCX/Verge 2nd annual team fund-raiser. It was great to see the cycling community come together at the local Trek Store of Kansas City in support of KCCX/Verge. Not only was it a good time to hang out with fellow cyclists and supporters to talk about riding and racing bikes, but we also got a sneak preview of Warriors of Cyclocross, a new film from Keith Walberg, the producer of ZEROtraction. However, the highlight of the evening was a presentation by Adam Mills of Source Endurance. After a few introductions of team members and sponsors by team director, Bill Marshall, Adam presented a check from Source Endurance in support of my 2009-2010 cyclo-cross season. Wow ! I was surprised and speechless. As most of you know, I’ve been working really hard this season to get selected for the Euro-Cross Camp in Belgium. Having support is a key component to success in this sport. With the help of Source Endurance and Adam my training program this fall has been cross-specific with targeted results – and so far so good. I’m currently in 2nd place overall in the USGP series U23 competition. This weekend I’m in New Jersey for races 3 and 4 of this series, a selection race for 2009/2010 US Junior and U23 National Teams. Hurricane Ida has sent rain this way so the courses are sure to be muddy. It will be challenging and fun! So…not only do I want to thank Bill for organizing the fund-raiser, but all the sponsors and local supporters of the team and myself, and especially Source Endurance for their sponsorship. I’ll keep you posted on my results this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment