Thursday, December 3, 2009

READY, SET, GO!

December is going to be a crazy month -- starting with a trip to Portland and Bend, Oregon, then on to Euro Cross Camp in Belgium. I’m just about finished packing and will be leaving today for Portland where I’ll be racing the final 2 races in USGP series this weekend. I’m currently 2nd overall in the series (U23 category) and hope to maintain this standing. It will be a tough race as it the first qualifying race for the U23 Worlds Championship Team. Several of us on the KCCX team will be staying with Kelly Benjamin for a few days in Portland. After Portland, the team and I will be driving to Bend, OR where we have a condo rented. We’ll be able to get some training in for a few days before nationals. I’ll be racing the U23 National Championship on Saturday, December 12th, and then will be flying home on Monday. I’ll catch my breath on Tuesday, and fly to Brussels on Wednesday morning to EuroCross Camp. I’ll be in Europe racing until January 4th.

I do want to say thanks to Dan Hughes at Sunflower Outdoor & Bike Shop. I appreciate all the support that Dan and the guys at the store have given me this fall. Go down to Sunflower’s annual Customer Appreciation Party tonight at 7 p.m. and enjoy food and beverage and great schwag. Guaranteed to be a fun time! Unfortunately I will be missing the party because I’m flying to Portland this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment