Wednesday, October 27, 2010

One Month Down...

One month of cross down and it’s been pretty eventful.  Started out in Madison at the first USGP Planet Cup where I finished 3rd both days in the U23 competition.   Not bad considering this was my first weekend of cross racing.   On my way home from Madison, I noticed the registration list for the UCI races in San Dimas were short so I made a last minute decision to fly to California in hopes of scoring some UCI points.  Turns out a lot more guys had the same idea and it ended up being a pretty stacked field in dry, hot conditions.   I rode decent but not well enough to come home with any points.  So after two back-to-back weekends of UCI racing I decided to stay home and do a local race and get some needed rest and training.   The following weekend I headed to Texas to help my coach, Adam Mills, of Source Endurance teach a cross-clinic with several of his clients and race a couple of local cross races in Austin.   The weekend went well with a successful clinic and I won both races.   This past weekend I went to the Derby Cup in Louisville, KY -- the third and fourth races in the USGP series.   It was especially exciting because it was the unveiling of the new venue where the 2013 World Championships will take place.   It is a great venue and is totally dedicated to cyclocross.   The course proved to be extremely challenging.  This weekend course conditions were not ideal due to the severe drought conditions and most of the course was dry, loose dirt which made for very dusty conditions.   I got off to a rough start on day 1, ending up 32nd overall and 5th in the U23 competition.    Started better on day 2 and rode to 25th overall and 6th in the U23.     I am now sitting in 4th place overall in the U23 competition half-way thru the USGP series.   Over the next couple of weeks I’ll be staying home for a local race and then heading back to LA for another shot at some UCI points.     I’ll keep you posted. 


Cody Kaiser and me racing day 2 of Derby Cup
Photo by Alex Edwards
.  

No comments:

Post a Comment